All of our rooms have been finished with the greatest care and comfort in mind. With a breathtaking view of the harbour and the gardens, our goal is to provide you with the most enjoyable stay possible.
All room rates are quoted on a single or double occupancy basis. Additional persons (more than 2 per room in the mini-suites) are $25 per person per night. Weekends are defined as Friday and Saturday nights, weekdays are Sunday through Thursday nights. We also reserve the right to raise rates without notice. Of course, we will honor any rates quoted in confirmed reservations. A two (2) night minimum stay is required on weekends April 1 through October 31, and year round on holidays and special event weekends.
Each room has its own personal climate control (heat & A/C)
We offer a full breakfast service.
Our Seasonal rates run from April 1st to October 31st.
What's for Breakfast?
Our first course
Start with a selection of fruit juices and a variety of seasonal fruit, Yogurt, and a freshly made basket of mini muffins.
Our main meal
Freshly ground coffee or a wide selection of Teas. Specializing in Omelets or Eggs any style, Breakfast meat bacon/double-smoked ham/and local sausage.
Toast, Jam, Cheese or perhaps Waffles or a Crepe with fresh fruit and real whipping cream.
Take your time while you relax and eat and enjoy the tranquil peace of the ocean view.
Check In/Check Out Times
A courtesy phone is available at the front door entry which will self-dial and connect you directly to Jane upon arrival. Standard check-in times are 3 pm to 7pm and 10 am check-out, respectively. Later check-ins are handled simply. Please contact us by phone or email if you desire an earlier check in or a later check out time; we'll see what can be done depending on other guest schedules, etc.
Full refunds given up to seven days prior to your arrival date, less a $25.00 cancellation charge per room. With less than seven days notice, refunds possible only if rooms can be re-booked. If we are unable to re-book your room, a one-night stay will be charged.
Minimum Stay Policy
A two (2) night minimum stay is required on weekends from April 1 to October 31 and on holiday weekends and special event weekends (e.g., Celtic Colors / Action Week ) year-round.
For the health and enjoyment of all our guests, and for safety and security in our 100 year old wooden building, is a non-smoking facility. That means there is no smoking allowed in rooms, common areas (parlor and dining room), or on porches. If smoking in a room is observed (either by detected odors or visual confirmation), there will be an additional $100.00 charge for cleaning and deodorizing the room charged to the credit card on file.
We would like to welcome your four footed friend(s). So that they (and you and we) enjoy their stay we ask that they (and you) abide by the following rules:
- All pets have to be pre-approved in advance, at the time of reservation, to avoid confusion later.
- There is a $100 refundable cleaning deposit required, and an extra fee on your lodging of $25 per night. The deposit will be refunded at the time of check-out, after your room is inspected and no significant difficulties (e.g., cleaning requirements or damage) are identified.
- Pets are allowed on the beds or furniture in the rooms only if a protective sheet or quilt is placed over our furnishings first. Please ask us for an old sheet/towel/quilt if you need it.
- Do not leave your pet unattended in your room, or tied up outside alone. This rule cannot be broken. The only exception is if your pet is crate trained and inside their crate and very quiet, so they do not a) disturb other guests or b) require us to modify our usual housekeeping activities.
- Please pick up any messes that your pet may make on our property or in our neighborhood.
- Please do not leave pet food on the porch(es); it may attract unwanted (wild) guests.
- Please be sure your pet is current with its vaccinations and flea medicine; please apply a dose before coming to the B&B if not done recently
- You are responsible for any damage to the property caused by your pet.
- Additional cleaning costs would be charged if: a) our fabulous housekeeping staff is very thorough and in extreme cases will wash all duvets, blankets, rugs, and the curtains if needed (accidents, excessive hair shedding, etc.), or b) if a pet was brought to a non-pet friendly room without our pre-approval.
- We are one of the few properties in Cape Breton that allows pets. Please be respectful of our rules and try not to spoil our current approach for others. Guests who cannot abide by our policies will be asked to leave with no refunds.
Payment for reservations is by Credit Card (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX).